Tuesday, January 8, 2008

First post!

All right, so I'm making the virgin post on this here travel journal to see how this format works. I'm more familiar with the whole livejournal scene but my other nerd friends have sung this site's praises so I'm going to give it a whirl! Thus far, it suits my fancy just fine.

So yeah... welcome! This is basically going to be chronicling my journey with Semester at Sea (or Seamester as my dear friend Ashley has deemed it), hopefully including pictures and, if the internet allows it, videos. I have no idea as of yet what the internet on board will be like. I can only guess that it a.) won't work too well and b.) will be very expensive, but I'm still hoping to update once a week. Or more, given the fact that I'll be doing so much in country. Or, uh, less... since part of the time I'll be stuck on the ship. So it'll just be up in the air! Hold onto your hats; it'll be pretty darn exciting to see my posting patterns.

Aaaaanyway. I'm getting pumped up for this crazy adventure! I'll be putting important links on the side-bar (hopefully including details on the countries I'm visiting along with news pertaining to where I'm going... and maybe a shipping forecast? Again, oh the excitement of such uncertainty! Anything could happen) and there is a list of the places I'm going along with the dates I'll be there. Hopefully I'll be posting soon what exact cities I'll be going to though the second half of the itinerary won't be finalized until I'm on the ship.

There you have it! Hopefully upcoming posts will be slightly more interesting. I'll be sending this around but please feel free to give people this URL. I mean, it might be better if they actually know me but, hey, if they actually care then more power to them.


Okay, I have to go finish watching the I Love New York reunion. Oh, how I will miss terrible reality television.

No comments: